Emergency Phone Numbers
If you feel that you are in a crisis, or if you are concerned about the welfare of someone you know, contact:
- The emergency services on 999 ifyou feel your life is threatened and you need urgent support from the police or ambulance service
- NHS Direct 24/7: 111 for medical concerns where you can’t get to see a GP or if you are concerned about someone else’s health or welfare
- CCCU Security on 01227 922111 or Internal 2111, for all other emergencies on campus
- The Samaritans: 116 123 for confidential, emotional support 24/7 and if you are feeling suicidal. (You can also visit the Canterbury branch. Usual hours 8am-8pm Monday to Saturday) or email - email@example.com
- 24/7 Mental Health Matters Helpline: 0800 107 0160. Confidential emotional support and guidance. They also have details of local and national support services.
- Your GP within surgery hours – it’s a good idea to make a note of their phone number – for general health concerns
- 24/7 National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247. Support, help and information for women experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
- Men's Advice Line: 0808 801 0327. Advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse. (Opening hours 9am-5pm Monday to Friday).
For non-emergency concerns you can contact:
- Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers – a team of professionally trained advisers who provide support and advice and guidance on a wide range of personal, financial and academic matters. Telephone: 01227 922675; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental Wellbeing Team - offers free, confidential support for a wide range of personal and emotional concerns that may be affecting your capacity to study and having an impact on your university experience. Telephone: 01227 923056; Email: email@example.com
- The Chaplaincy - provides a confidential listening service and offers a safe space where any student can bring and discuss their problems in a non-judgmental environment. Telephone: 01227 922538; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org