Before becoming a senior lecturer at Canterbury Christ church I was a postdoctoral research associate at the University of Kent. I have undertaken research in the fields of cancer, pain and biotechnology. I was also an associate lecturer with the Open University tutoring on a module intitled introducing health sciences for 5 years.
At Christ Church I currently teach Anatomy and Physiology, Animal husbandry, Applied Biological Chemistry, Radiobiology and I also teach on the Microbiology and Cell Culture module.
Research and knowledge exchange
My research interests include:
Biochemical and Proteomic analysis of novel venoms and their components as potential therapeutics to develop antimicrobial, antiparasitic and cancer treatments.
Biotechnological applications of venoms.
Poikilotherm (reptile and invertebrate) behaviour and conservation.
Teaching and subject expertise
I am a member of the Biochemical Society and the European Association for Cancer Research.
I am also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
I am a member of the British Herpetological Society and the British Arachnological Society.
Publications and research outputs
- McCullough D, Trim CM. Novel approaches to targeting protein tyrosine kinases. Drug target review 2015
- Povey JF, O'Malley CJ, Root T, Martin EB, Montague GA, Feary M, Trim C, Lang DA, Alldread R, Racher AJ, Smales CM. Rapid high-throughput characterisation, classification and selection of recombinant mammalian cell line phenotypes using intact cell MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry fingerprinting and PLS-DA modelling. J Biotechnol. 2014 May 20. pii: S0168-1656(14)00234-X. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiotec.2014.04.028. [Epub ahead of print].
- Trim SA and Trim CM. Venom: The sharp end of pain therapy. Br. J.Pain published Sep 3rd 2013.
- Co-inventor on the patent for a rapid method for targeted cell (line) selection (3th May 2012) – International Application No: PCT/EP2011/005407, International publication no. WO 2012/055554 A1.
- Wang M, Trim CM, Gullick WJ. The role of neuregulins in the nucleus. Localisation of Neuregulin 1-β3 to different sub-nuclear structures alters gene expression. Exp Cell Res. 2011 Feb 15;317(4):423-432
Note earlier publications are under my maiden name McClelland:
- McClelland CM and Gullick WJ (2009) Neuregulins in the nucleus. In A. Giordano and N. Normanno (Eds.), Breast Cancer in the Post-Genomic Era (pp79-86). Humana Press.
- McClelland CM and Gullick WJ. Proteomic identification of secreted proteins as surrogate markers for signal transduction inhibitor activity. Br. J Cancer 2007; 96:284-289.
- McClelland CM and Gullick WJ. Identification of surrogate markers for determining drug activity using proteomics. Bio Soc Trans 2003;31:1488-1490.
- McClelland CM, Onuegbulem E, Carter NJ, Leahy M, O’Doherty MJ, Pooley FD, O’Doherty T, Newsam R, Ensing GJ and Blower PJ. 99mTc-SnF2 colloid “LLK”: particle size, morphology, and leukocyte labelling behaviour. Nucl Med Commun. 2003;24(2):191-202.