Personal Academic Tutor
Every student is allocated a key named member of academic staff, from their programme of study called a Personal Academic Tutor (PAT)
Your PAT is there to provide you with academic support helping you to identify the academic skills you need to develop in order to succeed in your studies. This can include:
- Help to reflect on your expectations of University Life and future goals;
- Support to transition into University and the different levels;
- Discussion on what study skills you may need to focus on and resources to help you;
- Support in reviewing feedback on assignments and help to improve your grades;
- Help with your personal development and identifying the skills you may need for future employability;
- Signposting to appropriate support services.
PATs will provide regular scheduled appointments to meet with their tutees either individually or in groups; these will take place at least 3 times per year. To find out who your Personal Academic Tutor is please contact your Programme Team.