Once a student has confirmed their place at the University, eligible students shall be considered for the CCCU Grant.
Variable awards of up to £3,000 over the duration of study (up to £1,000 per academic year) will be allocated to students who meet the eligibility criteria.
Grant recipients living in Canterbury Christ Church University owned accommodation, in their first year, will have 50% of the award automatically allocated towards the cost of accommodation. There is also the option to allocate the total amount towards accommodation payment.
To qualify for the Canterbury Christ Church University Grant, students must:
- have a household income of £25,000 per annum or less
- be ordinarily resident in England or be an EU student
- be paying fees in excess of £6,165 per annum, or £4,625 (studying at least 25% intensity) if part-time
- meet any additional eligibility criteria for our scholarships or bursaries (including being on an appropriate course)
Where a fee above the basic fee of £6,165 full-time equivalent is to be charged,the financial support measures will apply pro-rata, relative to the level of fee. Pro-rata arrangements will also apply to eligible part-time students.
In addition to the standard criteria, eligible students must:
- be an undergraduate or PGCE (Initial Teacher Training) student;
- not be in receipt of government educational support of £5,000 or more per annum (this is other than maintenance grants or loans).
How to apply
The allocation of grants take place in the order that eligible students confirm their place at the University and provide Student Loans Company or other required income evidence. It is therefore essential that you provide the Student Loans Company with consent to share your household income information with the University.
Awards are limited and eligibility does not guarantee receipt of award.