Short courses are courses at or below 40 credits and are normally approved by the Faculty Quality Committee.
The process for short course approval is as follows:
- Submission of PPP1 (in-principle approval) to FPPE
- If supported by the FPPE, submission of PPP1 to ASC
- If ASC support in-principle approval, completion of the Short Course Planning Proposal Form by Course Team and submission to FQC
- If non-collaborative, FQC has the authority to approve the short course
- If collaborative, FQC will consider and then refer the proposal to the Standing Approval Panel, with final approval granted by Academic Board.
If you have any queries please contact your Faculty Director of Quality in the first instance.