Passionate about the arts? Into theatre, music, art or dance? Join Arts Extra!
Arts Extra aims to support and promote the huge diversity of arts and culture events on and around campus.
Our ambition is to create a team of motivated, creative students, interested in making a difference to the cultural life of the University.
By joining Arts Extra you will have the opportunity to get involved with Arts Marketing, Stage Management and Front of House support, Box Office duties and visual art with the Sidney Cooper Gallery. You could be writing reviews of shows, taking part in publicity stunts or making sure that exhibitions and performances run to plan. All in all, it’s a great opportunity to develop new skills and that all important work experience, as well as have some fun and meet like-minded people. You don’t even need to be on an Arts course to join in!
Arts Extra was an enjoyable experience and allowed me to gain experience in a number of areas that have proved immensely useful in my job search now that I am a graduate, as well as allowing me to contribute to the success of many events and productions organised by the university. I have in fact recently landed a role in the local area that I am very excited about, and I put this largely down to the unique opportunities I was able to pursue as a member of the Arts Extra programme. If you wish to volunteer for anything arts-related, there is a good chance that the staff will be able to arrange it, so the opportunities are pretty much there for the taking. I highly recommend it to anybody hoping to become involved with students across disciplines of the school of Arts and Humanities and secure work in the arts industry after university.
- Luke Madams, Arts Marketing and Stage Management volunteer, 2016/2017
What are the benefits?
- It looks great on your CV.
- All volunteering hours can count towards the Christ Church Extra Award, the university’s extracurricular development award which is formally endorsed by the University. Visit The Core to learn more and sign up.
- Free tickets to events and performances.
- Be the first to hear about paid internship roles and work experience opportunities.
- First-hand experience of the Arts Industry.
Interested in signing up? Email email@example.com