Use of Special Category Data of Staff Privacy Notice
This is a summary of our full Policy Statement on the Use of Staff Special Category Personal Data and Criminal Records. Read the full Policy here.
Policy Statement on the Staff Special Category Personal Data and Criminal Records Data
As part of the University’s statutory and corporate functions, we process special category data and criminal offence data about Staff.
We do this in accordance with the requirements of Article 9 and 10 of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and Schedule 1 of the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA 2018’).
Some of the Schedule 1 conditions for processing special category and criminal offence data require us to have an Appropriate Policy Document in place.
Our Policy Document and where to find it
We have a Policy Document that explains our processing of special category and criminal offence data.
This is a summary of how we process special category and criminal offence data. You can read the full Policy Document using the link. In the Policy Document we explain how and why we process special category and criminal offence data. We explain the legal basis. We set out the way we comply with the data protection principles.
Special Category Data
We process the special category data about our applicants and staff where there is a substantial interest, a statutory requirement or a legal obligation. Our processing relates to the data we receive or obtain to undertake the following:
- Monitor Equal Opportunities
- Make Statutory Returns
- Assess an applicant’s and a member of staff’s fitness to undertake placements
- Support staff with a declared disability or a medical condition
- Assess the right to work in the UK
- Meet the requirement to have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism
Criminal offence data
We process criminal offence data about our applicants and staff where there is a statutory requirement or to prevent or detect unlawful acts.
Our processing relates to the data we receive or obtain to undertake the following:
- Processing where the applicant applies for, or staff member engages in, regulated activity or Excepted Professions, Offices, Employments and Occupations under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975
- Where the person is subject to disciplinary action
The Data Controller and further information
Canterbury Christ Church University is the Data Controller for this Personal Data.
Please click the link below to access further information regarding:
- The Data Controller
- The name and contact details of the University Data Protection Officer
- Where to make a complaint
- Your rights as a Data Subject
- How to contact the Regulator
||Privacy Notice - Use of Special Category Data of Staff
||Governance and Legal Services
||08 October 2020
|Date of review:
||25 May 2021
|Date last amended:
||08 October 2020