We’re pleased to announce that we are now offering our popular Campus Tours. This will allow the opportunity for prospective students who are looking to study with us this September and their families to take a look around our lovely campus in a safe, socially distanced way.
The tour will last approximately 90 minutes and will be led by one of our experienced Student Ambassadors who can provide an insight into what it’s like to study at Canterbury Christ Church University.
We’re currently working really hard to make the Campus Covid secure for the start of the academic year, so there will be a number of buildings that will not be accessible.
However, you will be able to:
- Visit Augustine House, our award-winning library and student centre
- Take a look at the Students’ Union
- Wander round our campus with its beautiful green space, situated near the city walls and cathedral and only a few minutes’ walk from the city centre
- Call into some of our buildings including the Daphne Oram Building for Creative Arts and the Anselm building right in the heart of the Campus
- Get an idea of size and scale – we know that you will be impressed with what we are creating, especially our multi-million-pound facility for Science, Technology, Health, Engineering and Medicine which opens in early 2021
- And most importantly, experience a warm Christ Church welcome and find out from your Student Ambassador Tour Guide what life as a student here is all about.
You may not be seeing us at our very best, but we think it’s important for you to get a feel for the place where we hope you will choose to spend the next three or four years. And you will also see first-hand, all the work we are doing to ensure your safety when you join us.
Do take a look at our virtual tour where there are lots of 360 degree views of the interiors and please make sure you ask your Student Ambassador to tell you more about what’s on the inside.
Choose your date and time and book a tour here.
As places on Campus Tours are limited, we ask that anyone booked notify us if for any reason they cannot attend.
If you or any of your party are disabled, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to offer you a bespoke tour to meet your needs.
To ensure safety:
- Groups will be limited to a maximum of four visitors from the same family
- Our trained Student Ambassador will adhere to social distancing guidelines and will try to keep a 2 metre distance from the rest of the group wherever possible. In case this is not feasible in some spaces, they will wear a mask and we kindly request that visitors wear a mask too. Please bring your own if possible. Hand sanitiser will also be available at the Welcome Desk and throughout the Campus.
- At the moment, we are not able to take you inside our student accommodation but as part of the tour we will show you the outside of 2-3 so you can get a good idea as to where they are situated. We do have 360 tours of a range of rooms available on our website and an “as live” tour on Instagram.
- If any of the group are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 as identified on government guidance, please do not come to Campus but let us know as soon as possible and we will try to rearrange your visit.