International student support

If you’re an International student, the Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers can help with information particularly relevant to you. 

We operate within the Code of Ethics for those advising international students devised by UKCISA: the UK Council for International Student Affairs and the Association of International Student Advisers.

Contact us for information on issues including:

  • Life in the UK.
  • Support for disabled international students.

Contact the International Admissions, Immigration and Engagement Manager for issues regarding:

  • Your responsibilities under Tier 4 of the UK's points based system
  • Renewing / Extending your student visa
  • Working in the UK
  • Opening a UK bank account
  • Funding for international students
  • Matters relating to dependants

We can’t advise on matters relating to asylum, but will help identify appropriate sources of help. Immigration advice and services are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). Anyone giving immigration advice must comply with the OISC Code of Standards (and with the Commissioner’s Rules if they are authorised by registration).

It is a criminal offence for anyone to provide immigration advice or services unless authorised to do so.

Much more information written specifically for international students, can be found on the Student Support, Health and Wellbeing Blackboard. All international students should look at this regularly as it contains advice, guidance, details of workshops and top tips for enjoying life in Canterbury. Everyone can access Blackboard via the Student Support tab.

For further advice, please contact the Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers.


Connect with us

Last edited: 05/12/2017 04:39:00