Learning Support Plans
If you have evidence of a recognised disability and/or long term or serious medical or psychological condition that has been diagnosed by a medical professional, you are likely to be entitled to a Learning Support Plan as part of an overall support package.
What is a Learning Support Plan?
A Learning Support Plan is a tailor made plan for a student with a recognised disability and/or long term or serious medical or psychological condition. It sets out specific agreed support and arrangements to help you succeed.
The plan is developed between a Disability Adviser and you, alongside your teaching team.
Once the plan is developed, it will remain in place throughout your studies. Regular reviews will take place to make sure it continues to meet your needs.
Key benefits of a Learning Support Plan
- It is tailored to meet your specific needs
- You have direct input into developing the plan to ensure you agree with the steps being taken
- Your teaching team can provide you with discreet additional support
- It is in place throughout your studies, and reviewed regularly, so you are fully supported during your time at Christ Church
I’m eligible. What next?
You will be given an appointment with one of our Disability Advisers. Working with you, they will develop and implement an overall support package tailored to you. They will also:
- Recommend and, in many cases, source additional support including adjustments to learning, teaching and assessment methods
- Liaise with external partners, such as Student Finance England or specialist providers, to help you gain external funding to pay for disability support and specialist equipment
- Work with you to develop the Learning Support Plan (in partnership with the teaching team)
- Consider any other entitlements such as Initial Reasonable Adjustment Plans, special arrangements for examinations and extenuating circumstances
Find out more
Our disability team will be happy to help. Get in touch for more information. Telephone:
01227 922675 or 01227 923056; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org