Meeting the Conditions of Your Offer

The conditions of your offer are unique to you and are dependent on your chosen course and level of study.

UCAS applications will receive an offer through the UCAS website while direct entrants will receive their offer by letter. 

It is important that you meet your conditions in order to be able to become fully registered at Christ Church and begin your studies with us.

If you don’t meet the conditions of your offer, please contact Admissions who would be happy to discuss your options and potential alternative routes for you. 

Additional Entry Requirements

There are a number of additional entry requirements that need to be met for some of the courses that we offer. Please check your Programme Essentials, your UCAS Track or communications from Admissions for details. These could include:


The University requirement is that all individuals who will be working unsupervised with children or vulnerable adults gain an enhanced disclosure certificate from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) before starting their programme.

If you are required to complete a DBS check this will be noted as a condition of offer on your UCAS Track; your offer letter and also as part of your Programme Essentials.

What if I already have a DBS?

You will still need to apply for a new DBS.

We can only accept Enhanced DBS certificates from other organisations where they are dated after 17 June 2013 AND have been registered with the DBS Update Service. This service costs £13 for the year and MAY enable a certificate to be used by other organisations dependent upon whether any additional information has occurred since the DBS certificate was issued.

For information on the DBS Checks, Policies and Procedures.

All students on Education or Health and Social Care programmes need to attain Occupational Health clearance to ensure they are fit to practice. 

If you’re taking up a place at the University on a Professional Programme, you’ll need to complete an online occupational health questionnaire.

For further enquiries please email

Certain teaching programmes require students to complete Skills Tests as a condition of their offer to study with us.

If you are required to complete Skills Tests this will be noted as a condition of offer on your UCAS Track and also as part of your Programme Essentials.

The professional skills tests (skills tests) for prospective teachers assess the core skills that teachers need to fulfil their professional role in schools, rather than the subject knowledge needed for teaching. This is to ensure all teachers are competent in numeracy and literacy, regardless of their specialism.

More details on the Skills Test can be found on the Department for Education website.

If you are not a citizen of the UK or an EU/EEA country, and do not possess current permission to live, work or study in the UK, you will need to successfully apply for a visa to travel to Canterbury Christ Church University and begin your studies.

The type of visa you will need depends upon your course. There are two main types of visa for UK study:

  • Short term study visa: This visa is issued for courses lasting six months or less, or for general English language courses up to eleven months in duration.
  • Tier 4 (General) visa: This visa is issued for degree-level and above courses and for students taking a Pre-Sessional English Language course or Foundation Year before commencing their main programme.

Further information.

If you need additional help or have any questions relating to above, please email Admissions.



Connect with us

Last edited: 01/07/2019 10:43:00