This service provides support for students undertaking research or other extended studies, and allows items to be borrowed from other libraries.
When using this service you should note that obtaining material from other libraries takes time - the average response time is 2 weeks, but some requests may take from 3 weeks to several months. Always allow plenty of time for your request to be processed.
The document delivery service is costly to administer. Please therefore make sure that the items you request are of real value to your research. There is a charge for students of £2 per request.
Before making a request, please check LibrarySearch to make sure the item is not held in one of the university libraries. Also, try using a search engine like Google in case the item is freely available online.
To make your request, please login to LibrarySearch and select the link to ‘Document Delivery Request’.
Please note: If your research is of a commercial nature, you must advise the library of this when placing your orders. There will be an additional cost for items ordered for research of a commercial nature. Please note that due to these conditions, we cannot accept such requests without a signed form for each item.
If you have any queries relating to the document delivery service, please contact email@example.com
Collections, Returns and Renewals
Collection of requested items
When the requested item has been received you will be notified of this via your university e-mail.
- All items must be collected at the Issue Desk (Broadstairs/Salomons) or the ground floor Library point (Augustine House) and will be issued on your library account.
- Please collect books as soon as possible as they are on loan to us for a limited period onlyIf you are borrowing a thesis from another library, an additional copyright declaration may need be signed at this stage.
- The length of a loan is decided by the library that supplies the item to us and tends to be from 4-5 weeks.
Items may be recalled by the lending library at any time, and some items can only be used on library premises.
Returning document delivery loans
- Photocopies are issued for you to keep.
- All loan items (mainly books) will need to be returned to the Issue Desk or staffed Library Point by the due date indicated on the slip inside the item.
- All loans are subject to recall by the library who lends them out. If you are asked to return an item, please ensure that it is returned promptly.
Items loaned from other libraries generally cannot be renewed beyond the date indicated. However, if you would like us to check with the lender if a renewal is possible, please ask the document delivery team at least five working days before your item is due back.