International Student Support

If you’re an International student, the International Partnerships and Development Office can help with information particularly relevant to you.

We operate within the Code of Ethics for those advising international students devised by UKCISA: the UK Council for International Student Affairs and the Association of International Student Advisers. Contact the International Admissions, Immigration and Engagement Manager for issues regarding:

  • Your responsibilities under Tier 4 of the UK's points based system
  • Renewing / Extending your student visa
  • Working in the UK
  • Opening a UK bank account
  • Funding for international students
  • Matters relating to dependants

We can’t advise on matters relating to asylum, but will help identify appropriate sources of help. Immigration advice and services are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). Anyone giving immigration advice must comply with the OISC Code of Standards (and with the Commissioner’s Rules if they are authorised by registration).

It is a criminal offence for anyone to provide immigration advice or services unless authorised to do so.

You can also speak to the Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers for general advice and support while you’re studying with us. The advisers support students in making informed decisions through one to one conversations, be it related to personal, general wellbeing, financial, housing, or academic matters.


Connect with us

Last edited: 27/03/2020 14:42:00