If you think you've lost an item you've borrowed, contact us as soon as possible. We will:
- note on your Library account that the item is lost and, if appropriate, search the shelves.
- if the item is overdue, note the fines accrued up to the date you report the item lost.
If the item is not located, a charge of the cost of replacement plus £5 for processing will be added to your Library account. We do not accept items purchased by the user.
If you find and return the item later on, you will be charged the fine or cost of replacement, whichever is the lesser amount.
If the item is lost in the post, it is your responsibility to arrange the recovery of the costs from the courier.
Loss or damage to an iBorrow laptop or accessories will result in charges for repair (this may be up to £200) or replacement costs as follows:
- £600 for the laptop.
- £20 for the power supply.
- £10 for the carry case.
- £10 for the mouse.
We will ask one of our University authorized repair agents to generate a quote for the cost of the repairs.
Lost Items can be paid:
- at the Library Point at Canterbury
- on the phone by calling the Canterbury library whilst the Library Point is open on 01227 922352
- via our online payment system. We will apply the payment to your Library account by 12:00 noon the next working day.