Work Experience Fund
If your work experience is in an unpaid or low paid role, or has additional costs associated with taking up the opportunity, which would make it difficult for you to take the opportunity without financial assistance, we have two bursaries available to help.
The Employability and Skills team has a limited fund which is open to all qualifying students. For qualifying criteria please see the Work Experience Fund Terms and Conditions.
The two bursaries available are:
- Travel Bursary - for assistance with travel costs (individual applications only).
- Career Start Bursary – for all other costs associated with the work experience including potential money to test a business idea. Examples of possible uses for the Career Start Bursary include costs for buying suitable work wear, ad hoc child care, specialist software and money to attend a conference etc.(Individual and group applications welcome).
Please note: In order for us to process your application, you must be registered on the Careers and Enterprise Online Hub.
How to Apply
1. Before completing the application form ensure that you have downloaded, read and understood the Work Experience Fund Terms and Conditions. This document outlines what the criteria are for applicants, the work experience opportunity, and your responsibilities, should you be awarded the funds. The frequently asked questions cover topics that may not be covered in the Terms and Conditions.
2. Then submit a completed application form for your required Bursary (Travel Bursary or Career Start Bursary) and provide evidence of your eligibility and proof of the work experience opportunity that you will be undertaking. Include as much detail as possible in your application. All applications will be considered on an individual basis based on the information you provide in the application form.
Click here to apply for the Career Start Bursary 2019/20
Click here to apply for the Travel Bursary 2019/20
3. Travel Bursary: Applications for this bursary run throughout the academic year. We will acknowledge receipt of your application form within three working days and aim to get back to you with a decision within seven working days. If you have any questions please direct them to email@example.com.
4. Career Start Bursaries are awarded following regular panel meetings throughout the year.
The dates for these meetings for 2019/20
- Tue 5 November 2019 (Application deadline Wed 30 October 2019)
- Tue 3 December 2019 (Application deadline Wed 27 November 2019)
- Tue 7 January 2020 (Application deadline Wed 1 January 2020)
- Tue 4 February 2020 (Application deadline Wed 29 January 2020)
- Tue 3 March 2020 (Application deadline Wed 26 February 2020)
- Tue 7 April 2020 (Application deadline Wed 1 April 2020)
- Tue 5 May 2020 (Application deadline Wed 29 April 2020)
- Tue 2 June 2020 (Application deadline Wed 27 May 2020)
- Tue 7 July 2020 (Application deadline Wed 1 July 2020)
If you require any help with your application, you can visit: The Careers and Enterprise drop-in desk in Augustine House. Also check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
The Work Experience Fund 2019/20 will run until 31st July 2020 or until funds are exhausted. Early applications are advised as funds are limited.
If you have already made use of the Work Experience Fund and found it helpful, please get in touch and tell us more. We'd also love to hear about your work experience and how it helped in preparing you for your career after university. To get in touch, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.