Student Mediation Service
Becoming a university student is a time of considerable change for many people. Inevitably, disputes may arise. But you do not have to suffer in silence at this exciting and important time in your life. Mediation is an informal process that allows you to find solutions in a relaxed environment.
What is mediation?
- Free – we appreciate the constraints of the student budget, and so we offer the service FREE to all students of the University.
- Unbiased – you will receive the full support of trained student mediators throughout, while a senior qualified mediator will oversee the process. It is not the mediator’s role to judge you or take sides.
- Empowering – at mediation, you make the decisions that are important to your life. Whilst the mediators will assist you in reaching a solution, it is ultimately you that makes the all-important decisions.
- Confidential – all sessions are completely confidential, and any information you share will not be discussed outside of mediation.
- Voluntary – everyone involved in the situation needs to be willing to be involved. You will not be made to take part in mediation and are free to leave at any time during the process.
Mediation helps you to move forward to overcome lingering problems. It is a flexible process that can address an inexhaustible range of problems, whether through the maintenance of personal and professional relationships or with practical living arrangements.
If you are having issues with a landlord, neighbour or another student, mediation may be the answer for you.
Our Student Mediators
Carl Ampomah Adjei, Chioma Atukpawu, Shaki Balogun, Adam Klaric, Shania Meah, Jade O’Sullivan, Megan Reed and Paula Rowley are all current third year law programmes students and would love to support fellow students to resolve disputes in accommodation, with other students or employers.
Find out more
The service is free to all CCCU students. For further information on the service or for an informal chat about how we can help you to resolve your dispute, please do not hesitate to contact us. Any correspondence will remain highly confidential.
The Students' Union provide independent representation if you feel that you would be more comfortable talking to someone outside of the University. They can be contacted via their reception firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01227 863485/6 or contact campus SU Coordinators.