Ahmad Alshehabi is a Lecturer in Accounting and the Programme Director BSc Accounting and BSc Accounting & Finance programmes at Canterbury Christ Church Business School. Ahmad is, also, an external examiner for the University of Law, and an ad hoc reviewer for International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation.
Ahmad holds a PhD in Accounting and Finance from the University of Birmingham. Before joining Canterbury Christ Church University, Ahmad has taught various courses in Accounting/Finance within Birmingham Business School- University of Birmingham.
Ahmad is a proactive researcher in accounting with a particular focus on accounting diversity across countries. Ahmad has previously carried out quantitative research on the impact of countries’ institutions on goodwill impairment practices, and he is currently working on a project funded by the British Accounting & Finance Association (BAFA) Dr Hussein Halabi at Swansea University. Ahmad is also working with Dr Murniati Mukhlisin and other colleagues on "Poverty Eradication Through Financial Discipline" project, which has recently received a research grant of £8,843 from the Ministry of Religious Affairs, Indonesia.
Academic Qualifications & Professional Membership
- PhD in Accounting and Finance- University of Birmingham.
- British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA).
- Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Research and knowledge exchange
Conferences & Workshops
- 2019, the Information for Better Markets Conference 2019: The real effects of financial reporting, 16 - 17 December, the ICAEW: London, the UK.
- 2018, the Cross Country Perspectives in Finance Conference, June 21-23: Guangzhou, China.
- 2018, the Information for Better Markets Conference 2018: Financial Scandals, 17-18 December, the ICAEW: London, the UK.
- 2018, Workshop on Writing Quantitative Research Papers: Accounting in Emerging Economies 10 - 11 May, Southampton University: Southampton, the UK.
- 2017, Workshop on Designing Education, 18 July, the ICAEW: London, the UK.
- 2012, Accounting and Management Information Systems International Conference, June Bucharest, Romania.
Teaching and subject expertise
- International Financial Reporting.
- Contemporary Accounting Issues.
- Accounting for Decision Makers
- Corporate Finance
- Ad hoc reviewer for the International Journal of Accounting Auditing and Performance Evaluation (IJAAPE).
- External Examiner since February 2016 for the University of Law, the UK.
Publications and research outputs
Halabi, Hussein., Alshehabi, Ahmad . & Zakaria, Idlan. (2019). Informal Institutions and Managers’ Earnings Management Choices: Evidence from IFRS Adopting Countries. Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, 15(3), 100162