The following are just some of the measures we will be implementing to keep our campuses safe:
- Social distancing procedures for each campus, building and specialist facility.
- Screens where close face-to-face interaction is required.
- Managing footfall on campus through staggering start times and introducing booked appointments.
- Installing additional and appropriate fixed hand washing or sanitising stations at key locations.
- Increasing cleaning regimes, including a daily clean of whole buildings and multiple targeted cleans of high-contact surfaces.
Looking after yourself and others
When we are back on campus, we will all have a role to play in supporting the safety of our community by observing social distancing, maintaining good hygiene practice and following the Government protocol around contact tracing and self-isolating.
We will provide information, guidance and support, so that we can all feel confident about our personal responsibility in keeping our campuses and ourselves safe.
Here are some of the key guidelines that you will need to follow when on campus:
- Health - Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has COVID 19 symptoms or if you think you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19. Please consult the NHS COVID-19 webpage for latest symptoms information and arrange for a test.
- Handwashing - Please maintain good hygiene by washing your hands regularly with soap and water (minimum of 20 seconds) or with hand sanitiser. Avoid touching your face, eyes or mouth.
- Social distancing - Social distancing is in place on campus, either 2m apart or 1m plus mitigations in line with Government guidance. This must be followed. Where mitigations are in place, you must comply with instructions for alternative procedures, such as standing behind screens or following one-way routes.
- Signs - buildings will have new rules for moving around. You must follow all directional arrows, one-way routes and signs.
- Stairs - do not pass others on stairs. Stairways are 1 direction only. Follow directional arrows & maintain 2m distance in front and behind.
- Lifts - do not use the lift unless you are physically unable to use the stairs. Lifts are single person use only.
- Toilets - these may be single person use. Follow door instructions to ensure you do not enter occupied spaces. Maintain your distance to allow occupants to exit whilst maintaining their social distance from you.