- 1 year placements
- Project based placements
- Internships - 4-6 weeks
1 year placements - delivering a comprehensive work placement support service to both employers and students. We have a growing numbers of students choosing to undertake an industrial placement, we understand that placements are crucial not only for our students to gain valuable hands-on and practical experience, but are also equally essential for many employers as they can act as a graduate pipeline for your organisation.
Internships – many of our students undertake a shorter placement as part of their degree programme, this can be for 4-6 weeks and potentially can continue if you want to carry on working with the student
How we can support you
We provide a free service tailored to suit your needs. We offer management of all student placements. This includes:
- supporting you with drawing up your placement requirements
- providing a targeted advertising campaign to promote your vacancy
- collating CVs
- hosting interviews in our dedicated Placement Hub
- Support you whilst you have the student on placement
Benefits to you
Students on placement with your organisation can provide many tangible benefits including those outlined below.
- Enthusiasm and energy: our students are highly motivated to impress, with enquiring minds and fresh perspective, which for your organisation means new ideas and a positive impact on your business.
- Versatility: our students can get involved with short-term business projects or pick up on routine tasks allowing your organisation to better distribute senior staff resources in more required areas.
- Low risk: ongoing university support ensures that you always have high levels of satisfaction – and there is no long-term financial or time commitment
- Excellent value: you’ll receive up-to-date skills and current academic thinking. Salaries locally sit between £15,000 and £17,000 per annum.
- Future investment: see it as a year-long interview or a pipeline for your future recruitment. Students know the business and culture when they return.
We’re more than happy to guide you through the process in more detail, answering any questions you may have while working with you to develop a placement that meets the needs of your organisation. If you’ve already decided to progress, please send us a copy of your placement job description and let us do the rest.