Research Excellence Framework
Nearly 90% of research at Canterbury Christ Church University has been recognised as world leading or internationally significant according to national Research Excellence Framework results (REF).
The REF assesses the quality and impact of UK higher education institutions’ research across a wide range of disciplines every six years.
All subject areas submitted to the REF demonstrated world leading research and 88% of the total research submitted was accredited to the top three grades of world leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised.
The areas of particular research excellence include;
- Allied Health Professions
- Agriculture, Veterinary and Food Science
- Politics and International Studies
- Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism
- English Language and Literature
- Theology and Religious Studies
- Music, Drama, Dance and Performing Arts
- Communication, Cultural and Media Studies.
In the two subject areas of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism and Music, Drama, Dance and Performing Arts over 15% of research work submitted achieved world leading classification.
A full breakdown of the results for CCCU is available on the REF website http://www.ref.ac.uk/