Your first week is essential in giving you the foundation you need to settle into uni and succeed in your studies.
As you find your feet you will discover lots of opportunities to meet other students, make friends and discover the local area.
Your Course Team will put together a great induction programme so you can meet your cohort, be introduced to your modules and discover the campus and its facilities. You will be given access to Blackboard, the University’s Virtual Learning Environment providing you with all the learning materials and resources you need. So, make sure you don’t miss out!
Your Essential Tasks
- Attend your course or Graduate College induction
- Book on your additional orientation events
- Check your access to Blackboard
- Get your Smartcard
- Register with a GP
- Register to vote
Staying up-to-date with your course and campus life is made easy with different channels to suit your preference and interests.
- Your Current Student Webpages - with dedicated information for current students on all the support, services and opportunities that are available.
- Email - all university-related email correspondence will be sent to your university email address, so it’s important that you check it regularly.
- Social media -keep up-to-date with what is happening for students by joining the dedicated accounts:
- @CCCUStudents Facebook
- @canterburyccuni Instagram