19 October 2012
Canterbury Christ Church University will host a spectacular sound and light show to celebrate its Golden Jubilee.
Cathédrales en Lumière at Canterbury Cathedral
Golden Night will see a series of light displays and film images projected onto the University’s buildings in-time with music, giving a sense of architecture in motion.
The event on Thursday 8 November is free and open to the public.
Jane Lovell, Programme Director for the University’s Events Management degree course, was Project Manager for the stunning Canterbury Cathedral Cathédrales en Lumière show in 2005 and is also co-ordinating this new event. Howard Griffin from the Kent School of Architecture at the University of Kent has previously produced a dazzling light display at the Westgate Towers and is developing the show’s content.
Jane said: “We are thrilled to be working with LCI Productions again to produce what is going to be an amazing sound and light display to celebrate Christ Church’s Golden Jubilee.
“These shows are very popular and have been used with great success this summer for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the London Olympics and Paralympics.
“We don’t want to give too much away, but the show will see the buildings on campus come to life in a sequence of music, lights and images, taking you on a journey through the campus as the buildings reveal their dreams. We hope people bring their family and friends and help us celebrate our Jubilee.”
Golden Night takes place on North Holmes Road Campus, via Lady Wootton's Green entrance, on Thursday 8 November. The event is free and open to the public, with shows starting at 6pm. The show will last approximately 20 minutes and will be repeated until 8pm.
For more information visit: www.canterbury.ac.uk/goldenjubilee .
Watch a clip of the spectacular Cathédrales en Lumière at Canterbury Cathedral: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5FBWYkz1M
Notes to Editor
- LCI Productions Ltd is a full service multi-media company offering large scale 3D Video Projection Mapping, Building Projections, Water Screen Spectaculars, Interactive Products, Interactive Flooring, Event Production and Event Services. www.lci-uk.com
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury Christ Church University is a modern university with a particular strength in higher education for the public services.
With nearly 20,000 students, and five campuses across Kent and Medway, its courses span a wide range of academic and professional subject areas.
- 93% of our recent UK undergraduates are in employment or further studies six months after completing their studies*.
- Christ Church is the number one choice for local people looking to study at university in Kent (2011 UCAS).
- We are the South East’s largest provider of courses for public service careers (outside of London).
- 2012 is the University’s Golden Jubilee, reflecting on 50 years of higher education and innovation.
*2010/11 Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey