06 May 2011
Following on from a recent and successful seminar, 'An Introduction to Project Management', Canterbury Christ Church University is offering the chance for local businesses to develop their skills further with a new workshop.
‘Project Management Skills’ will be taking place on Wednesday 8th June for anyone involved, or interested in, Project Management and who works in, or is planning to run, a small to medium size project and requires more in-depth understanding.
The workshop will be held at our Medway Campus, Rowan Williams Court, starting at 9:30am finishing at 3:30pm, refreshments and lunch will be provided.
This day long workshop will use practical activities to further enhance your skills and give you the tools and techniques needed to project manage.
Objectives of the session include:
- To provide practical applications for participants to transfer learning to ‘real life’
- To conduct an analysis of project management tools and techniques
- To offer tips on managing workloads as a portfolio of projects.
Participants are encouraged to bring along projects or pieces of work they are going to be involved in and will begin to work on them in the session, under the guidance of University business experts.
The session will be run by Bob Fielden, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Management Studies at Canterbury Christ Church University.
The cost of the event is £50.00 payable by cheque or invoice in advance
Places are limited so contact us now to secure your place. To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01634 894456.
We look forward to seeing you at the Rowan William Court, 30 Pembroke Court, and Chatham Maritime, ME4 4UF on Wednesday 8th June.
Notes to Editor
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury Christ Church University is a modern university with a particular strength in higher education for the public services.
With nearly 18,000 students, and five campuses across Kent, its courses span a wide range of academic and professional expertise.
- In 2010 the Faculty of Education received top grades in its Ofsted report for primary, secondary and post-compulsory programmes, together with its employment-based routes into teaching. The University’s primary provision has the unique record of having been awarded the highest Ofsted grades in all inspections since 1996.
- Over 90 per cent of our graduates gain employment or are in further study in the first six months after graduating.
- Along with over a thousand undergraduate, postgraduate and professional training courses on offer, we are also home to world-leading and internationally recognised research in Education, History, Music and Sports Related Studies.
- Canterbury Christ Church University was founded in 1962 by the Church of England as a teacher training college.