I can be primarily be contacted through my email - email@example.com
Research and knowledge exchange
As lead editor along with two colleagues, one formally the Director of Infection Prevention and Control at UCLH and one who works with the World Health Organisation as co-editors we are currently producing a second edition of my 2009 book entitled, Infection Control: A psychosocial approach to changing practice. The working title of this second edition is, Infection Prevention and Control: A social science perspective.
I have also been approached by an international nursing journal to write an article for them centred around Infection Prevention and Control which I am currently working on.
In the past I have undertaken several research projects related to Infection Prevention and Control and from which have resulted in a range of publications.
Teaching and subject expertise
Psychosocial aspects of health, illness and wellbeing.
Infection prevention and control.
Facilitation of the roles of Practice Assessor and Practice Supervisor.
Clical Supervision/Person Centred Development.
Nursing theory and practice.
With regards to the above the spectrum of my facilitating learning has and remains across levels 4, 5, 6 and 7 in the following areas:
Post NMC Registration.
Publications and research outputs
Those below are some of my publications since 2009:
- Elliott, P. (2009), Hand hygiene & infection prevention: Psychosocial factors and strategies,
- Private Hospitals Healthcare Europe (Clinical, Nursing & Patient Care), 2008/09 Issue.
- Elliott, P. (2009) (Ed), Infection Control: A psychosocial approach to changing practice, Oxford, Radcliffe.
- Elliott, P. (2011), Renal nursing and the prevention of cross infection, Journal of Renal Nursing, 3 (5).
- Elliott, P. (2013), Moving from clinical supervision to person-centred development: A paradigm change in Jasper, M., Rosser, M. and Mooney, G. (2013), Professional development, reflection and decision-making in nursing and health care (2nd. Ed), Chichester, Wiley Blackwell.
- Elliott, P., Storr, J. and Jeanes, A. (2016) (Eds), Infection Prevention and Control: Perceptions and Perspectives, Florida, Taylor Francis Group (CRC Press). NB: This book received the award of Highly Commended at the British Medical Association Annual Book Awards in 2016.