CASCADE – Community Areas of Sustainable Care And Dementia Excellence in Europe
Living well with dementia during the COVID-19 outbreak: useful resources for advice and support.
Canterbury Christ Church University is a partner for the CASCADE project.
The Community Areas of Sustainable Care and Dementia Excellence (CASCADE) is a four-year project involving ten cross border partners and is part of the Interreg VA 2Seas programme. It is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
The project involves partners from United Kingdom, Belgium and the Netherlands coming together to co-create a social innovation to make local services more efficient and effective to address societal challenges in the 2Seas area.
The CASCADE intervention aims to develop and embed a financially sustainable model of integrated dementia care in the community. This will be achieved through constructing guesthouse like facilities to offer flexible services integrating therapeutic, residential and care at home.
Canterbury Christ Church University’s Faculty of Health and Wellbeing are the evaluation partners for the CASCADE project.
The project will deliver:
- A new holistic model of care for people living with dementia and the elderly in local communities encompassing respite, rehabilitation & residential care. This model will be financially sustainable, relevant to both public and private settings and freely available.
- A cross border centre of elderly/dementia care excellence through telemedicine to promote virtual consultation/learning/research/innovation.
- 50 new beds across two countries for the elderly and people living with dementia.
- New multilingual learning package providing training for all people having contact with people living with dementia.
- Internationally peer reviewed evidence base, showing the cost saving of this new way of working leading to project roll out across 2Seas area & further.
- The Health and Europe Centre (Lead Partner - UK)
- East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust (UK)
- Medway Community Healthcare CIC (UK)
- Canterbury Christ Church University (UK)
- ZorgSaam (NL)
- Emmaus Elderly Care (BE)
- Flemish Expertise Centre on Dementia (BE)
- Residential Care Holy Heart (BE)
- HZ University of Applied Sciences (NL)
- University of Lille 3 (FR)
- La Vie Active
- Flemish Minister on Wellbeing, Public Health and Family Care
- Zorgnet Icuro
- Flemish Agency Care and Health
- Tourism Flanders
Canterbury Christ Church University project team
Find out more about the project team from Canterbury Christ Church University who are working on the CASCADE project.