While the main function of the Library is to serve members of the University, we have a range of services available for members of the public who may wish to join.
We offer two membership options for members of the public who want to join the library at Augustine House and Salomons Institute:
- 3 month membership (£30).
- 12 month membership (£60).
If you are a student or staff at another UK university, you may be eligible for a free library account through the SCONUL Access scheme. Please see the SCONUL website for more information about the scheme, and our SCONUL membership page for information about how to apply.
Please note that membership is only available on an individual personal user basis. Corporate or organisational membership is not available.
If you wish to use Drill Hall Library’s facilities at Medway, you can make use of one of the public membership schemes detailed on the Drill Hall Library webpages.
What is available for members of the library?
- Access to the library and its collections (please see our Opening Hours page for more details on when the library is open to public members).
- A borrowing allowance of
- eight items from the 4-week loan collection,
- two items from the 7-day loan collection,
- eight items from the curriculum resources collection.
- The ability to request inter-site loans between Canterbury and Salomons.
- Support on the use of the library, including finding books and using our library catalogue (LibrarySearch).
- Use of the visitor PC with limited access to electronic resources (Augustine House only).
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities (Augustine House only).
- A welcome Pack, including a map of Augustine House, tips on how to use the library collections and the study spaces effectively.
By joining the Library you are becoming part of the University community and we ask you to follow the University Coronavirus guidance accordingly.
How to apply
Please fill in the membership form. Once we have received your application, we will process it within ten working days and contact you when your new library card is ready to collect. When you come to collect your card, please bring a payment method for your membership fee and a proof of ID and a proof of address.
Unless there are outstanding fines or items on your account, we will only hold your data for one month after your account is due to expire. You can still reapply at any time using the same form above.