Contact Claire Choong
Back to Profiles |
A: CanterburyT: 01227 923220E: firstname.lastname@example.org@ResrchLib_CCCU
Learning & Research Librarian (Research Lead)
I am the Learning & Research Librarian (Research Lead), and work to support researchers across all faculties and campuses. I started working at CCCU in 2005 as User Services Supervisor, moving on to various different roles within the department before starting my current role in January 2019. I also work more specifically with the Salomons students, helping them with their information needs.
This role supports academic staff, researchers and postgraduate students with the development of research practices. It has a particular focus on the communication of research in order to further the dissemination of knowledge.
This is a part-time role: my current working days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10am until 5pm.
Sample activities include:
- Delivering sessions on the Researcher Development Programme
- Helping researcher make their work open access, including using CCCU's research repository
- Providing intelligence on research metrics (including altmetrics)
- Working with the other Learning & Research Librarians to support postgraduate research across faculties
- Providing on-site and remote support for postgraduate students at Salomons Centre for Applied Psychology
I am a chartered member of CILIP: The Association for Librarians. Additionally I am Secretary of the CILIP in Kent regional sub-branch.
Advocating for Open Access: Going beyond the REF. RLUK: Research Libraries UK Conference 2018. 15 March 2018.
Illness and Disability in Elinor M. Brent-Dyer's Chalet School stories. International Centre for Victorian Women Writers: From Bronte to Bloomsbury Fifth International Conference: Reassessing women's writing of the 1920s and 1930s. 16-17 July 2018.