Our University welcomes people from all faiths and none.
We have made provision for a faith space in Augustine House for the use of students and staff. This is located just outside the security gates at the side entrance of the building.
It is a space for prayer, meditation and reflection and it is not designated for workshops, society events, or staff meetings. Please respect your fellow users and keep silence. Be aware of the religious sensibilities of others, which may be very different to your own.
Availability and access
Faith Spaces are Ahg.28a and Ahg.26e - Please book via email@example.com 7 days ahead.
|Faith Space 1 (Ahg.28a)
||Bookable for communal prayers or worship by any group, of up to 10 people. All requests for booking must be made at least seven days in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Faith Space 2 (Ahg.26e)
||Booked 12:00 - 13:00 and 17:00-18:00 on most days for muslim prayer (the time will vary depending on the time of year). A shoe rack is provided.
- All bookings are listed and displayed outside the room.
- On occasions, all or part of this space, may be unavailable during major events in Augustine Hall and Arrivals weekend. Make sure that you are aware of the other facilities available at the University.
Guidelines for use
- Make sure that the space (including toilet and shower areas) is clean and tidy when you leave
- Do not place any posters, leaflets and flyers without prior permission of the Chaplaincy
- When the space is booked for communal worship or religious activities, artefacts may be brought in with permission of the Chaplaincy
- If you move any furniture or equipment, return it to its original location before you leave
- Do not leave any personal belongings unattended
- Do not light candles or burn incense
- Do not consume food or drink (other than water)
Any failure to follow this guidance, misuse or damage to this space, may result in a ban from further use.
Other facilities at the University
- Chapel of Christ in Majesty (Anselm)
- Eastern Religions prayer room (Ag31)
- Muslim prayer room (Fg02/03/04 and Fg05)
- Chaplaincy quiet room
- Faith spaces are also provided at the Medway and Broadstairs campus