Information on alumni membership and how to apply
The Library is keen to maintain a relationship with all our former students and support them in any further learning they undertake after graduation. As such, we now offer our alumni annual membership of the Library at a significantly reduced rate: the first year after graduation is free, and membership is £20 per year after that. Your student library account will need to be in good standing with no outstanding loans or fines to be eligible.
What is available for members of the library?
- Access to the library and its collections (please see our Opening Hours page for more details on when the library is open for your type of membership).
- A borrowing allowance of
- eight items from the 4-week loan collection,
- two items from the 7-day loan collection,
- eight items from the curriculum resources collection.
- The ability to request inter-site loans from other campus libraries
- Support on the use of the library, including finding books and using our library catalogue (LibrarySearch).
- Use of the visitor PC with limited access to electronic resources.
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities.
- A welcome pack, including a map of Augustine House, tips on how to use the library collections and the study spaces effectively.
- The Learning Skills Hub is open access, so you can continue to use it for your academic, personal and professional development.
- A RefWorks alumni account. You can continue to access your RefWorks account after you graduate, even if you don't apply for alumni membership. But you’ll need to update your account before you leave the University. Instructions are available on the RefWorks webpages.
As part of rejoining the University community we ask you to follow the University Coronavirus guidance.
How to apply
Please fill in the membership form.
Once we have received your application, we will set up your account within ten working days. When your new library card is ready to collect, we will contact you. Please remember to bring a payment method for your membership fee if applicable. You will also need to bring proof of identity and proof of address when you come to collect your card.
Please Note: Due to the suspension of external membership between March 2020 - October 2021, anyone who graduated at anytime during 2020 will also be eligible for a year of free membership and can select this option.
Unless there are outstanding fines or items on your account, we will only hold your data for one month after your account is due to expire. You can still reapply at any time using the same form above.
Using your card at the Drill Hall Library
Applications are processed at Augustine House and Salomons Library only. If you’d like to use the Drill Hall Library at Medway you can visit after you've received your membership card.
On your first visit to the Drill Hall Library you will need to visit the reception team to setup gate access for your card. This can be done during external member registration hours Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm and weekends 10.30am-4pm. You will need to bring a proof of identity and proof of address with you.
You’ll only need to do this on your first visit to the Drill Hall library.
When you’re at the Drill Hall library please ensure you follow the Drill Hall Library rules and regulations and follow the University of Greenwich coronavirus guidance.