Learning and Teaching Conference
Summer 2019 Learning and Teaching Conference
"Enhancing Student Engagement and Learning Communities"
Learning and Teaching Enhancement are hosting the Summer Learning and Teaching Conference on 19th June 2019. The conference will be held from 9 am to 1 pm, in Old Sessions House.
This year, the main conference will focus on Enhancing Student Engagement and Learning Communities, which is at the core of our mission and of the Learning and Teaching strategy.
Prof. Phil Gravestock, from the University of Wolverhampton, will present a keynote speech on “Transition for Transformation: supporting student success and progression”.
The theme of the conference is deliberately broad in order to welcome a wide range of workshops. In particular, we are interested in initiatives that:
- Develop a sense of belonging within the student body
- Bridge the gap amongst and between students, CCCU staff, other stakeholders and disciplines
- Support students throughout their learning journey: from pre-arrival and induction to out-duction
- Develop learning and teaching activities to enhance the mental health and wellbeing of students
- Enhance the student voice and feedback and find ways of effectively responding to their views
- Promote learning communities through student-staff partnerships in learning
- Support assessment and feedback activities in which students are actively engaged in design and delivery
- Champion student-led initiatives to create learning communities
- Incorporate diversity in curriculum design and content
- Use technology to promote digital communities
- Develop professional communities of practice to boost students’ employability skills and graduate attributes
- Evaluate the impact of learning communities on students’ retention, progression and achievement.
(Please note that this list is not exhaustive)
You can book your place via StaffSpace or by clicking here or by searching for Learning and Teaching Conference.
Previous Learning and Teaching Conferences
To view presentations from the Summer 2018 conference please click here