What is a Smartcard and what do I need it for?
- What is a Smartcard and what do I need it for?
A Smartcard is your University ID card. You are given one once you have provided the University with your photograph and attended the registration event for your course.
You use your Smartcard to:
- Record your attendance (by ‘tapping in’) at your lectures/seminars.
- Enter University buildings.
- Access printing and catering facilities.
- Borrow books/resources from campus libraries.
- Identify yourself as a student at Canterbury Christ Church University.
How do I upload a photo for my Smartcard?