The Staff Climate Action Network
The Staff Climate Action Network (SCAN) aims to help fulfil the University’s commitment to Global Climate Letter, which was signed in July 2019.
The Network has been set up to provide a focus for staff action in response to the University’s declaration of a Climate Emergency, and its role as signatory to the SDG Accord Climate Letter, along with raising the profile of the UN SDGs across the University. It is intended to galvanize activity, providing staff with the opportunity to share their experience of working with the SDGs, responding to the Climate Emergency, and meet others who share concerns around organisational and individual sustainability.
Terms of Reference
- To provide a safe space in which to share experiences, opportunities, ideas and concern about sustainability.
- To provide a focal point for staff action in response to the University’s declaration of a climate emergency, and its role as signatory to the SDG Accord Climate Letter.
- To raise awareness of the UN SDGs, and provide a forum for discussion of related themes, both within the Network and across the wider University community.
- To share learning about the UN SDGs, and responses to the climate emergency, not only within our institution, regionally, nationally and internationally, thereby demonstrating our University’s commitment to The SDG Accord.
- To help raise the profile of any existing activities of CCCU’s Staff Networks, which fall under the purview of one or more of the UN SDGs; and find new ways to work collaboratively with their members to generate new and inclusive activities for all.
- The network is funded through the Academy for Sustainable Futures.
How to join in?
Formerly called the Global Goals Network, SCAN will aim to meet on a regular monthly basis at lunchtime. If you would like to find out more, or become a member, please email Maz Hamilton on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the CCCU Sustainability Facebook page or follow @CCCUSCN on twitter for more information on the Network’s activity. By becoming a member, we will also keep you informed of all sustainability-related staff activities within the University, including the Sustainability Reading/Activity Group, Project 93 and ‘Us in the World’ partnership.
The ‘Us in The World’ partnership
‘Us In the World’ brings together activity from across the University that engages with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It is a collective effort, built upon student, staff, team and project partnerships, to encourage active participation in debate and action around sustainability, equality, environment and social justice issues raised by the SDGs. We welcome students and staff to engage with us through a programme of events, campaigns, and opportunities across the academic year.
To find out more about the 'Us in the World' partnership, and related activities happening across the University, please click the image below:
What are Sustainable Development Goals?
The United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs are a shared blueprint for all countries of the world to act in global partnership to overcome our most threatening challenges. To learn more about them click the image below: