We help to organise and facilitate a range of events, activities and initiatives to help promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
Latest Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Events
CCCU Women's Network - Thursday 4 July 2019 between 12:00 and 14:00
Join us on Thursday 4 July 2019, 12:00-14:00, at the next meeting of the CCCU Women’s StaffNetwork (CCCUW). The meeting will commence at 12:00 with a discussion about the gender pay gap and Athena SWAN led by Mike Chenery. This will be followed by an informal Network discussion and networking from approximately13:00. Refreshments will be available throughout and you are welcome to come along for part, if you cannot make the full meeting.
If you would like to attend please email email@example.com for more details.Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the CCCUW mailing list
Aurora Program 2019/2020 (Staff Access Only)
The application process is now open for the 2019/20 AdvanceHE’s Aurora Leadership Development Programme for people who identify as women or non-binary, and are in the early stage of their HE leadership careers.
The full details of the programme, application process and the application form are available to download on the Organisational and People Development web page.
Applications should be submitted to People Development by post or email (email@example.com). The deadline for submitting an application is 5pm on Friday 19th July. A panel will meet to consider the applications in late July.
Pride Canterbury 2019 - Saturday 15 June 2019 from 11:00 - 17:00
We are proud sponsors of Pride Canterbury and this years Pride will be taking place Saturday 15 June 2019.
Volunteer at Pride Canterbury
- Read CCSU's blog about volunteering with Pride Canterbury
- Sign up as a volunteer here
Join the Pride Parade
Free Makaton Taster in Canterbury and the Makaton Friendly Canterbury Project
- CCCU is the first and only university in the world to be Makaton Friendly.
- You're invited to a free Makaton Taster on Tuesday 18/6/19 from 15.45 - 17.45 at St Nicholas School, Canterbury.
- We plan to make Canterbury the first city in the world to go Makaton Friendly. The launch of #MakatonFriendlyCanterbury (FaceBook, Twitter) is straight after the Taster from 18.00 to 19.00 with the Mayor, TV/radio & newspapers. You're welcome to come too if you like.
- Please click here if you'd like to come for the Taster and/or the launch.
International Women's Day and Women's History Month
March marked both International Women's Day (IWD) and Women's History Month. There were a number of different events happening at Canterbury Christ Church University as well as the wider community. Find what took place here
LGBT+ History Month
CCCU and CCCq hosted events for LGBT History Month throughout February. Speakers included Christine Burns MBE and Phyll Opoku-Gyimah. Find out what took place here