The schools selected to participate in the project will be asked to sign an agreement with Canterbury Christ Church University as follows:
The school will:
- Commit to participate in the project from October 2018 to February 2020;
- Identify a single teacher of RE which will be a point of contact between the school and the research team;
- Make practical arrangements for participating teachers of RE at the school to meet with the research team for the CPD input – which might include providing use of a classroom or office space;
- Give permission for, and facilitate the work of, the researchers in data gathering – specifically, allowing the interviews of the participating teachers and any associated requirements;
- Give permission for findings to be published.
Canterbury Christ Church University will:
- Ensure that all aspects of the research conform to legislative requirements and the appropriate ethical standards, particularly with respect to child protection. There will be no contact with children;
- Ensure that all their researchers conduct themselves according to the highest professional standards in their conduct with the teachers;
- Ensure that neither the school nor any individual involved in the research will be identified by name, except by agreement;
- Guarantee that participation is voluntary for teachers, students and any others involved in the research, who may withdraw at any time during the research process;
- Ensure that it is good practice that is highlighted in all published material;
- Allow all of the teachers to read and offer comments before publication of the final resource;
- Provide a grant to each school participating in the project.