We want you to stay safe and well and to know where to go for support when you need it.

If, like most students, you spend more weeks of the year at your university address than your family’s address, you need to register with a GP near to you.

Please follow the latest government advice and guidelines.

We all have a personal responsibility for keeping our campuses and ourselves safe by observing social distancing, maintaining good hygiene and following the Government protocol around test and trace and self-isolating.

If you have symptoms or are tested positive for Covid-19 please complete this form

We encourage all staff and students when eligible to take the COVID-19 vaccine.  The vaccine is safe and effective and gives you the best protection against coronavirus. The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the vaccine. It's important not to contact the NHS for a vaccination before then. For the latest information click here.

For further information please click here.


If you need assistance out-of-hours, first contact your surgery who’ll provide you with a recorded message and contact options for you to ring.

NHS111 also provides out-of-hours medical services when your GP surgery is closed.

To be exempt from NHS charges, UK students who are 19 and over (full or part-time) must fill in an HC1 form. If you’re under 19 you need to prove your age and student status. Read about and access the NHS HC1 form.

If you need regular prescription items, consider registering for the electronic repeat dispensing service (ERD), as you’ll be able to collect from any pharmacy you nominate. This can be easily changed if you’re at home or at university when you need a further supply.

Students can be at a higher risk of infection because they tend to live in close contact in shared accommodation, such as university halls of residence.

It’s a good idea to understand the symptoms of meningitis, mumps or glandular fever via the NHS website  so you know when you might need further medical help.

If you’re under 25 and haven’t had your Men ACWY vaccine, we recommend you contact your GP and ask for the vaccine.

If you need to see a dentist, visit NHS Services where you can search for local dental practices.

For emergency dental support, contact Kent Dentaline on 01634 890300. Their normal opening hours are every evening 7pm-10.30pm plus weekends and bank holiday mornings 9.30am to 11am.

If you need first aid assistance, contact our Security team on 01227 922111.

You can also request their support via the Safezone App. SafeZone is your free safety app while at Christ Church. The app allows you to alert the security team via your mobile phone. if you ever need urgent assistance, first aid, or if you have an emergency on campus.

Please contact 999 to call an ambulance if it is a medical emergency. 

If you’re phoning from campus, please inform Security on 01227 922111 so they can direct the emergency services to you.