The Work Experience Fund 2018/19
Applications for the Work Experience Fund (WEF) 2018/19 are now open.
Are you looking for work experience, but finding it financially difficult to take up the opportunity you really want?
You may be eligible to benefit from the Work Experience Fund!
If your work experience is in an unpaid or low paid role, or has additional costs associated with taking up the opportunity, which would make it difficult for you to take the opportunity without financial assistance, we have two bursaries available to help
The Employability and Skills team has a limited fund which is open to all qualifying students. For qualifying criteria please see the Work Experience Fund Terms and Conditions.
There are two bursaries available:
- Travel Bursary - for assistance with travel costs (individual applications only).
- Career Start Bursary – for all other costs associated with the work experience including potential money to test a business idea. Examples of possible uses for the Career Start Bursary include costs for buying suitable work wear, ad hoc child care, specialist software and money to attend a conference etc.(Individual and group applications welcome).
Full details of what the bursaries can be used for can be found in the WEF Terms & Conditions and FAQs
Note: In order for us to process your application, you must be registered on The CORE.
How to apply
1. Before completing the application form ensure that you have downloaded, read and understood the Work Experience Fund Terms and Conditions. This document outlines what the criteria are for applicants, the work expertience opportunity, and your responsibilities, should you be awarded the funds. The frequently asked questions cover topics that may not be covered in the Terms and Conditions.
2. Then submit a completed Work Experience Fund Application Form and provide evidence of your eligibility and proof of the work experience opportunity that you will be undertaking. Include as much detail as possible in your application. All applications will be considered on an individual basis based on the information you provide in the application form.
3. We will then acknowledge receipt of your application form or question within three working days and aim to get back to you with a decision within seven working days. If you have any questions please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Career Start Bursaries are awarded following regular panel meetings. The dates for these meetings for 2018/19 are provisionally as follows:
- Tue 5 March 2019
(Application deadline Wed 27 February 2019)
- Tue 2 April 2019
(Application deadline Wed 27 March 2019)
- Tue 7 May 2019
(Application deadline Wed 1 May 2019)
- Tue 4 June 2019
(Application deadline Wed 29 May 2019)
- Tue 2 July 2019
(Application deadline Wed 26 June 2019)
The Work Experience Fund 2018/19 will run until 31st July 2019 or until funds are exhausted. Early applications are advised as funds are limited.
Be sure to check out the Work Experience Fund Frequently asked Questions here.
If you require any help with your application, you can visit:
The CORE drop-in desk in Augustine House, open Monday-Friday, 1-5pm
If you have already made use of the Work Experience Fund and found it helpful, please get in touch and tell us more. We'd also love to hear about your work experience and how it helped in preparing you for your career after university. To get in touch, please contact email@example.com.