Grit are a charity who deliver training programmes – they have been working in schools, communities, institutions and businesses since 1992, with great results.
Grit are currently working with the Employability and Enterprise team to deliver worthwhile intensive workshops to students, with the aim of bringing about "personal breakthroughs".
These workshops help to:
- Develop resilience and self-esteem
- Tackle challenges – at university, and in life beyond education
- Increase your drive to achieve – and enjoy more success, in higher education and in life generally
- Develop your personal skills and techniques to build successful and supportive relationships
- Expand your networking and connect with the support community available to you
Here is what CCCU students had to say about the experience:
"This was an excellent opportunity and I feel very privileged to have taken part on this fantastic course. Thank you for a transformative and empowering experience."
"For the first time in a long time I feel I have been presented with a fresh outlook. I feel inspired by the opportunity you have presented and I am excited to be my word. Many thanks [trainers], you are indeed inspirational and unforgettable."
"Cannot fault it. Emotional sometimes, challenging! Often. Interesting informative but most of all inspiring. Thank you."
Grit attendees, January 2018
As a result of completing the workshop:
89% agreed it helped them understand their leadership skills
90% agreed it helped them to communicate in challenging situations
100% of students agreed that it helped them learn new things about themselves
For more information on the programmes and to find out how to get involved, contact email@example.com.