Kent Maps Online Symposium - Call for Papers
We invite you to the Kent Maps Online Symposium taking place on the 5th of May 2021, with keynote speaker Prof Max Saunders from Kings College, London.
As the Kent Maps project expands we are looking to make new connections across the county and across time. We are now well placed to think about ‘shared and inherited spaces’ as generations of writers and artists visit or inhabit the same locations, sequentially or at the same time.
The conference is likely to combine blended virtual and 'onsite' delivery, though details are yet to be confirmed.
Papers on any aspect of Kent’s cultural and literary history and topography are invited. These might include:
- The curation and reinterpretation of literary heritage
- Literary and publishing networks
- The circulation of books and manuscripts
- Reinterpreting landscapes
- Tourism and the invention of Dreamland
- Local artists
Topics might also include coterminous themes and places such as:
- Travel and immigration
- Coastal resorts including Broadstairs, Folkestone and Dover
- Heritage and the Blue Plaque scheme
- Literary tourism
To express interest or for any general enquiries contact email@example.com.
Deadline for abstracts: 1 February 2021
Get involved on social media using the hashtag #KentMaps