Teaching and Rehearsal Space
The Maxwell Davies building in Canterbury opened in 2012 and provides versatile practice and rehearsal spaces, as well as teaching rooms with specialist equipment.
The building’s modern features include:
- 16 rehearsal rooms
- Seminar rooms and bookable practice rooms
- Stage area for small form drama space
- Apple Mac suites for audio editing and digital performance software tuition
- Two large indoor rehearsal/performance spaces
- Four large flexible teaching spaces
- An outdoor performance space
- New audio visual, lighting and sound systems
- Facilities available for conferences and events
The building was named in honour of Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, an internationally recognised composer and Master of the Queen’s Music, who had a long association with the Music and Performing Arts at CCCU.