Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We strive to provide a fair environment in which everyone is treated with dignity and respect. This means sustaining a culture that is free from any form of discrimination.
We take a proactive approach to equality and continually review and promote equality and diversity strategies.
We do this, in part, by:
- Consulting with our staff and students about equality and diversity issues
- Promoting the University’s policies and procedures relating to equality and diversity, and raising staff awareness of their legislative rights and responsibilities through the provision of appropriate training and education
- Ensuring that all applicants, students, staff and visitors to the University are treated with respect and dignity and receive fair treatment in all aspects of their applications, employment and learning
- Ensuring policies and procedures are fairly constructed and applied
- Ensuring that the University continues to honour its commitments in relation to the award of the 'Two Ticks Positive About Disabled People' and as a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
Closing Our Gap is our campaign to share how our University is working to reduce the attainment gap between white students and BAME students through our inclusive curriculum, academic research and the engagement opportunities that are available to students, staff and our wider academic community.Visit the Closing our Gap website