Canterbury Christ Church University holds and processes information about employees, students, and other data subjects for academic, administrative and commercial purposes, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The five key points are:
1. The University must tell people about how long it using their personal data including to whom we disclose it.
2. If there is a Data Breach you must report it immediately to the Data Protection Officer or to the Information Governance Manager. See contact details.
3. All members of staff must use appropriate security measures to protect personal data. This includes the disposing of the personal data.
4. The University must not keep personal data for longer than is necessary for the stated purpose.
5. Individuals have the right to see any personal information the University holds about them, and the University has 28 calendar days to respond.
Data Protection training
The University is committed to providing staff with the knowledge and skills they need to fulfil their responsibility related to Data Protection. Governance and Legal Services provide ongoing support and advice as and when required through email, telephone communication and face to face meetings.
The New Data GDPR e-learning training on GDPR is now available for all staff on our Intranet. This explains the changes that came into force on 25 May 2018. The changes are the result of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please, complete the training at your earliest convenience and also advise those in your department to do the same.
You will be able to access the training here: https://canterbury.learnupon.com/catalog/courses/328654
If you have any questions related to GDPR or the e-learning training or if you would like to discuss the possibility of face-to-face Data Protection training, please contact the Information Governance Manager at email@example.com
For advice on data protection or if you have concerns about disclosing data, contact the Data Protection Officer or Information Governance Manager:
Data Protection Officer
Mr Robert Melville
Canterbury Christ Church University
St George’s Place
- Data Protection Policy, 57 kb
- DP1 Data Protection Information for Students, 93 kb
- DP2 Data Protection - An Introduction, 31 kb
- DP3 Data Protection Compliance An Aide Memoire, 61 kb
- DP4 A Checklist for Heads of Department, 20 kb
- DP5 A Checklist for Members of Staff, 53 kb
- DP6 Guidelines for Academic Departments, 49 kb
- DP7 Frequently asked questions, 48 kb
- DP8 Collecting Personal Data Wording for Data Protection Compliance, 39 kb
- DP9 Data Protection Guidance on International schemes, 43 kb
- DP10 Policy on Disclosure to Third Parties Summary, 81 kb
- DP11 Flow chart for disclosureFinal, 44 kb
- DP12 University Guidance on Retention of Records containing Personal Data, 70 kb
- DP13 What is a subject access request, 26 kb
- DP14 Advice on Making Subject Access Requests, 35 kb
- DP15 Subject Access Request form, 22 kb
- DP18 Handling Subject Access Requests, 69 kb
- DP19 Information Access Appeals and Complaints, 19 kb