Total Indemnity Limit:
£25m any one claim or series of claims arising from one occurrence/event, but in all in respect of Product Liability claims.
Indemnity against legal liability for injury to third parties or loss of or damage to third party property arising out of the business of the University.
Various conditions and exclusions apply, including Excesses. For details, please refer to the University Insurance Officer.
- Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- Also, elsewhere in the world in connection with Products supplied at or from these territories (excluding USA & Canada)
- Educational & other visits by Governors, Directors, non-manual employees or students who normally reside in these territories and are not outside of these territories for more than 6 months in any one year.
'To Whom it May Concern’ letters
The University’s Broker, Henderson Ltd, issues ‘To Whom it May Concern’ letters on renewal each year:
- Public Product Liability To whom it May Concern letter
- Professional Indemnity To whom it may concern letter
These provide details of the University’s liability policies (Employers' Liability/Public Liability/Professional Indemnity), which can be issued to any outside party with whom the University contracts, bids or collaborates, as confirmation that the University has the appropriate liability covers in place.
This does not indemnify the outside party in respect of their liabilities. It merely demonstrates the University has its covers in place. Reciprocal exchange of this information should be made with all third parties, including Consultants, so that notification of a potential claim can be given on a timely basis.
When sending the ‘To Whom it May Concern’ letter to any outside party as confirmation that the University has the appropriate liability covers in place, the Insurance Office should be made aware of the proposed activity so that the Insurer can be consulted if necessary.
Claims Procedure Please see Liability Claims Procedure
Please not any solicitors letter of claim should be scanned in and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, immediately.