Staff Orientation and Induction
What is induction?
The purpose of induction is to ensure that all new appointees, whether new to Christ Church or not, are effectively integrated into the University and their role.
Research shows that not only does a comprehensive induction programme help staff become more effective sooner so aiding morale and retention, it also helps individuals understand the organisation better and so integrate effectively to work teams.
Induction runs from the moment a post is accepted to the end of
probation and requires planning and support.
Set out below is the University expectation for all new staff as a minimum:
- Staff handbook covering general employment terms and conditions
- Staff Welcome Information
- Staff Development Office welcome letter with information on induction support & copied to HOD (sample welcome letter)
- Attendance at Staff Orientation & Welcome
- Other useful induction events
- Department Induction Checklist
- Health & Safety Induction
- 1:1 ICT induction with LTEU staff within first month
- Provision of buddy or peer-mentor
Further relevant details can also be found within the Human Resources web pages.