Student Resources

This page contains forms and associated information that students may find useful during their time at the University.


Initiating an Academic, Fitness to Practise or Professional Suitability Appeal

Certificates / Transcripts

Request for a Duplicate or replacement Certificate/Transcript

Extenuating Circumstances

Rules and Guidance about Extenuating Circumstances


Resit arrangements for Undergraduate students with Tier 4 visas

Student Records

Requirements Relating to Student Registration

Council Tax Disregard Certificate (Available through CLIC - follow link to login)

Change to Personal/Biographical Details

Change of Address (Available through CLIC - follow link to login)

Application for Student Status Letter (log in to CLIC to access this facility)

Change of Academic Circumstances - please use this form if changing the following:
  • Mode of Attendance (moving from part-time or full-time)
  • Changing module(s), including starred modules
  • Changing Programme / Pathway
  • Interrupting*
  • Withdrawing*

Ensure that you have discussed your proposed change with the Programme/Pathway Director of any Programme/Pathway involved in the change.

* If you decide that you wish to interrupt/withdraw early from your studies, you are advised to first consider your options in discussion with your programme staff. 

You may also wish to seek Careers Advice from the Employability and Careers Service ( and discuss the financial implications of any decision you make with the Student Financial Support Team (, both of which are contactable via the

You may also wish to consult the Tuition Fee Guide

Instructions for completing the form:

1. Left click the link and when prompted, click "open".  If asked, "Enable Macros".

2. Fill out your details as directed on the form. Please ensure that all necessary details are included; incomplete forms cannot be processed.

3. Save the form on your student account or personal home computer. Please include your name and student ID in the title, e.g. "Change of Academic Circumstances John Smith SMI12345678"

4. Send the form from your internal email account as an email attachment to your current Programme/Pathway Director. (* NB if you are withdrawing or interrupting, you should mark your message as ‘High Importance’ and put ‘VERY URGENT REQUEST TO INTERRUPT / WITHDRAW’ as the subject title.  In addition, you MUST copy your email to Failure to accurately follow these instructions could affect the amount of fee liability you incur.)

5. Your Programme/Pathway Director will forward it as appropriate to either the other Programme/Pathway Directors involved in the change or submit it to the appropriate Student Records and Examination team in Registry.

If we need to contact you at any stage, we will do so through your internal email account.