Quality and Standards Office
The Quality and Standards Office provides advice to the University and its staff on issues of quality and standards and operates the processes that the University has put in place to ensure that programmes are of an appropriate quality and standard and meet national expectations.
The office also assesses and advises on the risks regarding collaborative partnerships through their creation and ongoing review, and of programmes operating within such arrangements, in order to meet University requirements and national and international expectations as appropriate.
The Quality and Standards Office is responsible for the following areas:
- Academic Planning process
- Academic Frameworks
- Annual Departmental Review
- Collaborative Provision
- External Examiners
- Periodic Departmental Review
- Programme Handbooks
- Programme Validations, Modifications and Short Courses
- Quality Manual, which sets out the University's quality procedures. It provides guidance on all aspects of University quality assurance and enhancement, covering both academic and professional service departments.
- Regulations and Policies, including the Regulations and Credit Framework for the Conferment of Awards and Assessment Procedures Manual.
For more details on any of the areas above please click on the menu on the left hand side of this page.