This event is for Years 12/13 & FE Years 1 / 2 and for those working in the Health and Social Care sector interested in gaining a University this event is for:
- Year 12 and Year 13 students and FE Year 2 students who are interested in a career in health and social care.
- People working in the health and social care sector interested in gaining a University qualification.
You will find out about the Certificate in Health and Social Care Studies course and the education, training and employment options open to those who successfully complete the course.
Who is this for?
Anyone interested in studying for a University qualification to prepare them for further study and a career in the health and social care sector. The Certificate in Higher Education Health and Social Care Studies is designed to enhance your employability within the health and social care sector and will also prepare you for undergraduate study on a range of health and social care programmes offered by the University.
What will the session cover?
You will find out about:
- What health care and social workers do and where they work
- The range of client groups that health and social care workers support
- The subjects you will study on the Certificate in Health and Social Care Studies and how to apply for the course
The session will include talks from University staff and a practical hands-on exercise