We have included typical entry requirements below, but these are simply a guideline. Some courses may also have specific subject or grade requirements, which will be listed on individual course pages.
For entry into foundation courses, you will typically need to have:
- a Tot Nghiep Pho Thong Trung Hoc, the Upper Secondary School Graduation Certificate
For entry into Year 1 of Bachelor's degrees (Level 4), you will typically need to have one of the following:
- a recognised International Foundation course from a UK institution or an Indonesian institution following a validated UK syllabus. Entry requirements vary but we normally ask for between 60% and 65%
- Successful completion of one year at a recognised university in Vietnam with a minimum GPA of 2.6/4.0 or 7.0/10/0 or above depending on the subject area and the institution attended
- A levels or International Baccalaureate (see course pages for details)
To be considered for entry into Year 2 of Bachelor's degrees (Level 5), you will typically need to have:
- a Higher National Diploma (HND) with upper credit or distinction
For Master’s degrees, we would expect you to have gained a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university with a grade comparable to a UK 2:1/2:2 (Honours).
For PhD level study, we would expect you to have gained a Master’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
All applicants for undergraduate programmes will need a minimum English level of IELTS or equivalent 6.0 overall, with no less than 6.0 in Writing and no less than 5.5 in all other bands. Some programmes require 6.5/7.0 – please contact the International Office if you are unsure of your course requirement.
For postgraduate entry all applicants will need a minimum of IELTS 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in Writing and no less than 5.5 in all other bands or equivalent. Some courses have a higher requirement – please contact the International Office if you are unsure of your course requirement.
For International Foundation entry all applicants will need a minimum of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent, with no less than 5.0 in Writing and no less than 4.0 in all other bands.
If you have taken an IGCSE exam in English and have a Grade C, this will also usually be acceptable for most undergraduate courses.
We are also able to consider some non-UK English qualifications for entry. The International Admissions Team will advise if they are able to accept your English language qualification once you have applied.