Applicants should normally possess:
First degree – honours: from a range of relevant subject areas (e.g. dance, psychology, education, childhood studies) normally with first or second class degree; or
have a recognized academic professional qualification in a health-related field such as Nursing, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Counselling, with additional evidence of ability to study at postgraduate level.
In exceptional circumstances candidates with significant experience of working in this field who produce a satisfactory portfolio of evidence demonstrating their ability to study at this level, may be accepted.
All candidates will be expected to:
- have experience of at least one dance or movement form
- have personal maturity commensurate with training as a therapist
- demonstrate the ability to use dance and/or movement expressively at audition
- demonstrate the ability to study at M level during interview with DVET, Bristol
- have an enhanced DBS clearance
- where English is not a first language, have an IELTS of 7.5 or above.