Accommodation room changes

In the first few weeks, many new students make a friend in another part of the campus or, due to homesickness, feel they aren’t fitting in with their flatmates and want to move rooms. These feelings often pass, so we usually advise you to try and allow a couple of weeks’ settling-in time.

We try to discourage transfers between rooms, flats or houses during the first couple of weeks of term as, in our experience, you’ll find that you settle in if you give it a bit more time.

In certain circumstances, though, at the discretion of the Accommodation Team, you may be able to move rooms. If we do allow you to move, you’ll have to pay a £50.00 administration fee.

Contact to discuss your situation with us.

You will need to complete and return the correct form that matches your circumstances from the following:

Room Move Requests

Please complete the request below if you would like to move rooms.

If you feel like you are in need of further support, please get in touch with the Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers. They are able to provide access to support services and can either be contacted via email, telephone, or by attending one of their drop-in sessions.

Early Release / Replacement Request

Please complete the request below if you would like to leave your accommodation early, but will still be continuing with your course. 

If you are having any finance or other wellbeing issues whilst in your accommodation, please contact our Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers for further support and advice. 

Withdrawal Request

Please complete the request below if you would like to leave you accommodation early and are withdrawing from Canterbury Christ Church University, or formally interrupting their studies.


Connect with us

Last edited: 04/12/2017 23:23:00