Big White wall-blog

Support, advice and wellbeing

We recognise that sometimes things happen that are outside of your control. To help with this you can access trained professionals for the support, advice and guidance that you need to successfully continue with your studies.

Student support and wellbeing advisers

Student support and wellbeing advisers

The advisers are a team of professionally trained, specialist advisers who provide support, advice and guidance on a wide range of personal, financial and academic matters.

Opening times across our campuses

Student's Union

Students' Union

The Students' Union provide independent representation if you feel that you would be more comfortable talking to someone outside of the University.

 Visit the CCSU website for more details


Mental Health

Whether you're feeling stressed or suffering from anxiety or you need help with specific mental health matters there is a range of support on offer by the University and others.

Speak in confidentiality


Emergency phone numbers

You may not need to make use of these contact numbers, however they are good to know in the event of an emergency.

Recommended Emergency Numbers

looking after yourself

We can help you find out about a range of services for health and wellbeing, including getting support for specific issues. Drop in or contact the Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers for more information about anything on this page.

Advice on looking after yourself

SafeZone App

The app allows you to alert University Security if you ever need urgent assistance, first aid or if you have an emergency while on campus via your mobile phone.

Get the App on your device



If you’re a current or prospective student, our Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers can give you advice, information and guidance on financial matters

Visit us in person


A range of peer mentoring services are available to you. If you would like to get involved but are not sure which method is right this area will help you decide.

Find out about Peer Mentoring

Bereavement support

In the context of the University the Chaplaincy team are responsible for the care of students, staff and their families, of any faith, as they confront death and the loss of a loved one. 

Get in touch with us



.All students on Education or Health and Social Care courses need Occupational Health clearance to ensure they are fit to practice.

Read more about occupational health

Student Mediation

At the Mediation Clinic we offer a fast and effective way of resolving disputes, in these and other areas of conflict.

Make use of the mediation service

International student support

If you’re an International student, the Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers can help with information particularly relevant to you. We operate within the Code of Ethics for those advising international students devised by UKCISA.

Available Advice and Support


Connect with us

Last edited: 05/12/2017 03:45:00